This is our ultimate broccoli beef stir-fry recipe, super tender and flavorful - chow down on this with fragrant steamed white rice for a healthy meal.
Preparation Time: 15 mins Cooking Time: 5 mins
8 oz Beef Flank Steak
3 Tbsp Vegetable Oil (Divide)
½ Tbsp Ginger
½ Tbsp Garlic
10 oz Broccoli Florets
½ Tsp Salt
¼ Cup Water (Divide)
1 Tbsp Green Onion
1 Tsp Yellow Rice Wine (See Guide Below)
1 Tsp Soy Sauce
⅛ Tsp Salt
½ Tsp Corn Starch
1. Cut the flank steak into thin slices - this will make it more tender.
2. In the mixing bowel, add the steak and the marinade sauce, mix well, set aside for 10 mins.
3. Cut the broccoli florets to same size, then fill a large heavy pot 2/3 of the way full with water. Add some salt and drizzle some oil to the water to the pot and place it on the stove over high heat. When the water start to boil, carefully place the cut broccoli florets into the boiling water. Boil for 1 min. Drain and set aside.
4. Heat the wok over high heat. Once the wok is hot, swirl in 2 Tbsp oil then reduce the heat to medium low, then add the steak mixture, stir fry for about 1 min or until the steak turn white, not fully cooked. Remove from the heat, set aside.
5. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in the wok on low heat, add the ginger, garlic, stir fry for about 30 second, turn the heat back on medium high, then add the cooked broccoli, stir fry for 1 min, add the steak, stir for other 1 min, add some water while keep stirring, add the salt, stir fry for another 1 mins, add rest of the water. Stir fry for another 1 min, turn off the heat, toss in green onion.
Yellow rice wine or Shaohsing rice cooking wine is a rich-flavored ingredient that is made from rice and is used both in drinking and cooking, though the rice wine used for cooking has a lower alcohol content. In cooking, rice wine is frequently
used in sauces to add flavor and as the acidic ingredient in marinades.
You can find it at Town and Country or on Amazon.com!